Guitar Series Pages

TLDR: Worked together with a large group of stakeholders to revamp and launch new guitar series pages. The challenge here was the amount of information that needed to be displayed, and the features that needed to be showcased. We also wanted to provide a PLP experience, and give users the ability to jump to other series. Yes that’s a lot. Is it too much…maybe.

What’s the Issue?

The main UX/design problem here was the sheer amount of information that had to go on these pages. There are a lot of elements and fitting them all onto a page without fatigue from information overload definitely wasn’t easy. We tried to break up large copy blocks, and provide clear imagery that helps to tell the story of the world’s finest guitars. 


Complex Series Displayed in a Simple Way

The ability to browse through an entire series of guitars was one of the most important features of this page. Users can easily see how many guitars are in the series, while also seeing the different body shapes available. They can easily access the PDP pages from this section. 

Consistent, But Unique Imagery

The imagery on these pages is a critical component. The images need to work for each series, but also maintain a brand look and feel. We leveraged in studio shoots, to help maintain consistency. We also took the guitars out into the real world and got images that truly represent the brand. 

It was also important that different elements of the guitars were shown off in the images. If there are electronics those need to be shown. If there’s a gorgeous unique cutaway or an intricate rosette, we needed to make sure those were being shown off.


Features That Mean Something

One of the most important sections to have on the series pages is the Features section. Some series share features like electronics (albeit different pickups) and v-class bracing, while other features are unique to each series, like wood type and aesthetic features.